Let’s imagine you’re a buyer and you have a VA loan on a property. You move and rent out your house. You want to know:
- “Can I buy a 2nd property (which will now be my primary house I live in) with a 2nd VA loan?”
- “Do I have any “VA entitlement” remaining?”
Use my calculator below to find out.
Let’s imagine you’re a lender or loan officer and a veteran asks you if they can use their VA loan on a 2nd loan for a house which they’d like to finance through you.
Use my calculator below to help them find out.
Instructions: Click the link or image below. Go to
"Make a copy" or
"Download" to copy this spreadsheet for yourself. Fill in the yellow input boxes. View the grey output boxes. Done.
- RocketMortgage.com: Understanding VA Loan Entitlement And The Benefits - especially see the section titled “Calculating The VA Entitlement Amount”.
- Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac Conforming Loan Limits for Mortgages Acquired in Calendar Year 2022
- VA Home Loans page and contact number: https://www.benefits.va.gov/homeloans/contact_rlc_info.asp
Contact a VA Home Loan Representative by calling 1-877-827-3702. The VA Home Loan toll-free number operates Monday - Friday, from 8:00am to 6:00pm EST.
- I called the number above on 5 Apr. 2022 and discussed my calculator here with them live for 45 minutes to ensure I got my calculations right. We both agreed the calculator was right. You can always call them youself to be sure.
- Super lousy and limited official VA “Guaranty Percentage Calculator”, for home buyers and lenders: https://lgy.va.gov/lgyhub/guaranty-calculator.
- Use my calculator instead. If you aren’t even eligible for a VA loan on a 2nd home because your existing VA loan is already too much, my calculator will tell you that. Theirs won’t.
- In the case you are eligible for a 2nd VA loan, you can compare my results to theirs. My results are more granular.
- VA Home Loan Guaranty Buyer’s Guide
- Main US Dept. of Veterans Affairs VA website: “VA Home Loans” page: https://www.benefits.va.gov/homeloans/index.asp
- VA home loan limits: https://www.va.gov/housing-assistance/home-loans/loan-limits/
Share onTwitter Facebook LinkedIn
Leave a comment
Comments are powered by Utterances. A free GitHub account is required. Comments are moderated. Be respectful. No swearing or inflammatory language. No spam.
I reserve the right to delete any inappropriate comments. All comments for all pages can be viewed and searched online here.
To edit or delete your comment: click the "Comments" link at the top of the comments section below where it says how many comments have been left (this will take you to a GitHub page with all comments for this page) --> find your comment on this GitHub page and click the 3 dots in the top-right --> click "Edit" or "Delete". Editing or adding a comment from the GitHub page also gives you a nicer editor.